Postgraduate University Programme
Since our University Bursary Programme started in 2007, we have helped 90 young people from low income Bedford families graduate with undergraduate degrees.
We think this is quite an achievement, but one thing we have learned from our graduates is that sometimes a first degree is simply the first step on the ladder if they want to achieve their goals. The most sought after careers often demand further professional qualifications. This is why we are piloting a new Postgraduate Bursary Programme, open only to graduates of our Undergraduate Bursary Programme.
If you can answer yes to the following questions you could apply for a bursary of up to £4,000 to help you qualify for your dream job.
- Have you received a grant from the Harpur Trust’s Undergraduate Bursary Programme?
- Did you graduate between Summer 2013 and 2017 or are you due to graduate in Summer 2018?
- Did you graduate with a 2:1 or above?
- Do you have an offer of a place on a full time postgraduate course from a UK university or accredited professional training provider, starting in autumn 2018?
- Do you still list Bedford Borough as your permanent, non-term time address?
Applicants must have places on courses which are either a genuine professional requirement for their chosen career or show that the resulting qualification will result in demonstrably improved employment prospects within their chosen career. Eligible qualifications include MA, MSc, PGCE, Legal Practice Course (accredited by the SRA) or Bar Professional Training Course (accredited by BSB).
The closing date for applications is 8 June 2018.