Reduce your Student debt
University Bursary Covid 19 Update
The Covid-19 situation is changing constantly. Everyone in our community is affected, but we understand there are particular issues for people who were facing financial and other difficulties before the crisis developed. This group includes potential applicants to our University Bursary Programme, and existing Bursary holders. We hope the following information will provide reassurance to potential applicants and current bursary holders. Click here for our Covid 19 update
Undergraduate Bursary programme
- Are you hoping to go to University but concerned about the cost?
- Will you be aged 19 or under on 31st August in the year in which you apply?
- Are you from a low income family?
- Are you looking to study a full time undergraduate or foundation degree course starting in Autumn 2020
- Have you been resident in Bedford Borough for at least 2 years
If you can answer yes to all of the above then you may be eligible to apply for a Harpur Trust University Bursary worth £3,600.
Who can apply?
The Harpur Trust Bursary programme helps students from lower income families attend university and make the most of their academic potential. It is open to students living in Bedford Borough, from a participating school or college identified by the Trust:
- Bedford Academy
- Bedford College
- Biddenham International Sports College
- Kempston Challenger Academy
- Mark Rutherford School
- Sharnbrook Academy
- St Thomas More Catholic Secondary School
- Wootton Upper School/Kimberley College
Application for the University Bursary programme can be made by downloading the application form below or by completing an online application form.
Postgraduate Bursary programme
In 2018 we were pleased to launch our new Postgraduate University Bursary programme. The programme is open to previous Harpur Trust University Bursary recipients who:
- graduated between Summer 2014 and 2019 or are due to graduate in Summer 2020
- graduated with a 2:1 or above
- have an offer of a place on a full time postgraduate course from a UK university or accredited professional training provider, starting in autumn 2019
- still list Bedford Borough as their permanent, non-term time address
If you can answer yes to all of the above then you may be eligible to apply for a Harpur Trust Postgradute University Bursary worth £4,000.
Applications for the Postgraduate University Bursary programme can be made by downloading and completing the application form below.