Reduce your Student debt
Applications for the 2021 University Bursary are now closed.
Undergraduate Bursary programme
- Are you hoping to go to University but concerned about the cost?
- Will you be aged 19 or under on 31st August in the year in which you apply?
- Are you from a low income family?
- Are you looking to study a full time undergraduate or foundation degree course starting in Autumn 2021
- Have you been resident in Bedford Borough for at least 2 years
If you can answer yes to all of the above then you may be eligible to apply for a Harpur Trust University Bursary worth £3,600.
Who can apply?
The Harpur Trust Bursary programme helps students from lower income families attend university and make the most of their academic potential. It is open to students living in Bedford Borough, from a participating school or college identified by the Trust:
- Bedford Academy
- Bedford College
- Biddenham International Sports College
- Kempston Challenger Academy
- Mark Rutherford School
- Sharnbrook Academy
- St Thomas More Catholic Secondary School
- Wootton Upper School/Kimberley College
Application for the University Bursary programme can be made by downloading the application form below or by completing an online application form.
Postgraduate Bursary programme
In 2018 we were pleased to launch our new Postgraduate University Bursary programme. The programme is open to previous Harpur Trust University Bursary recipients who:
- graduated between Summer 2016 and 2020 or are due to graduate in Summer 2021
- graduated with a 2:1 or above
- have an offer of a place on a full time postgraduate course from a UK university or accredited professional training provider, starting in autumn 2021
- still list Bedford Borough as their permanent, non-term time address
If you can answer yes to all of the above then you may be eligible to apply for a Harpur Trust Postgradute University Bursary worth £4,000.
Applications for the Postgraduate University Bursary programme can be made by downloading and completing the application form below.