Work for us
All working together for the benefit of the community
As an organisation we have a big responsibility; we’re here to inspire and develop the next generation and we’re here to support our town to be a positive place for everyone living and working here.
To do that, we need talented, professional, committed people with diverse voices, cultures and experience. We look for people who are passionate about what they do, and who care about improving the lives of others.
We pride ourselves on providing a positive culture for all staff and we celebrate diversity in our workforce, recognising the wealth of ideas and experience that a diverse workforce can bring.
Joining our team means working for a people-focussed organisation which does great things in and for our community.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Everyone working in our schools or at the Trust Office has access to regular online training, and we encourage everyone to keep their skills up to date by committing to Continuing Professional Development. All managers and team leaders attend our Management Essentials Programme, and there is also the option to join our People Management Programme. Senior Leaders can develop their people skills on our ILM accredited Inspiring Leaders Programme.
We all have the opportunity to take part in a host of projects and activities, often working in teams which span all four schools and the Trust Office. It may be that you join our Dragon Boat team at the Bedford River Festival or work on projects such as the Ready2Lead conference for sixth formers in Bedford. There are also countless opportunities to volunteer for community projects, events or fundraising activities.
WESTFIELD HEALTH PLAN
Some of the many benefits include annual optical, dentistry and holistic treatment allowances. Find out more about Westfield Health.
JOINING US - THE BENEFITS
- Generous pension scheme
- Westfield Health scheme - including annual wellbeing and health treatment allowance and private hospital surgical treatment
- Westfield Rewards - shopping reward scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Family friendly with a flexible working policy
- Paid time off for emergencies
- Regular performance reviews
- Learning & development opportunities
- Charitable giving scheme - Give As You Earn
- Generous annual leave allowance (support staff)
- Free parking
- Free refreshments
- Dedicated staff rooms
- Gyms on site (senior schools)
- Being part of a unique place-based charity which makes a real difference to the community.
- outward & forward looking
Find out about our commitment to inclusion
Whether you are looking for your next teaching position or a support role in one of our schools or at the Harpur Trust Office, you can find all current vacancies here or keep an eye out for vacancies on our Twitter and Facebook pages #HTCareers