University Bursary Programme
- Are you hoping to go to University but concerned about the cost?
- Will you be aged 19 or under on 31st August 2018?
- Are you from a low income family?
- Are you looking to study a full time undergraduate or foundation degree course starting in Autumn 2018
- Have you been resident in Bedford Borough for at least 2 years
IF YOU CAN ANSWER YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE THEN YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR A HARPUR TRUST UNIVERSITY BURSARY WORTH £3,600
Who can apply?
The Harpur Trust Bursary programme helps students from lower income families attend university and make the most of their academic potential. The programme is open to students living in Bedford Borough, from a participating school or college identified by the Trust.
Each year The Trust awards up to 16 bursaries to students from a number of local state schools wishing to undertake a degree at university. The Trust provides students with a bursary of £1,200 per year for up to three years.
Bursaries can only be awarded to individuals who live in Bedford Borough and who attend one of the following schools/college:
- Bedford Academy
- Bedford College
- Kempston Challenger Academy
- Mark Rutherford Upper School
- Sharnbrook Upper School
- St Thomas More RC Upper School
- Wootton Upper School/Kimberley College
Please read our guidance notes for further information on eligibility
When to apply
Applications are now open!
You must submit your application form to us by 30th April.
Our Grants to Individuals Panel then meets during the summer term to consider applications and shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an informal interview. You will find out if your application has been successful before the end of the summer term.
For any further queries please call and speak to the Grants Programmes Officer on 01234 369500